As a former international banker with high responsibilities, Olivier knows how difficult it is to maintain balance in a highly stressful environment and pass on his expertise through different programmes.
Beyond The Line delivers keynotes as well as more in-depth activities to corporate employees. With great authenticity, Olivier shares his fascinating stories on endurance sports, but also exposes his difficulties and even failures, sharing on he was forced to open himself to new horizon to reach a superior level of performance, as well as a different level of consciousness.
What started as a one-man show has expanded over time as Beyond The Line has widened its scope and can bring along key people in different fields of performance, health and wellness.
The format for knowledge sharing does not have to be secluded in a classroom, as we have noted that mixing physical activities with talks usually lead to a better engagement from the employees.
All this can be discussed and amended at will.
We provide a wide range of professional talks to Corporates. We can come to your company and do a one-off talk, or offer a series of conferences, or mix them with other services.n.
Inspirational talks are meant to provide motivating stories about normal people doing incredible feats, mainly sport feats (but not only). They emphasize on the sheer difficulty of the accomplishment, explain what it takes to actually succeed, and provide a series of lessons learnt that are applicable in daily life.
- The Ironman Triathlon World Championship (3.8k swim, 180k ride, 42.2k run) in Kona, Hawaii: the amazing quest, the sacred race, the pinnacle in endurance sports
- Swimming 80k around Lantau Island in 5 days: origin, preparation, implementation, lessons learnt
- Discover the king of trail running races: the Ultra-Trail Mont-Blanc, a formidable challenge where thousands of runners run 25 to 45h continuously, covering almost 170k and climbing the equivalent of Mount Everest
- Climbing the highest peak in the Southern hemisphere: Aconcagua, the deadly mountain – you’d better be prepared…
- Traveling on USD 30 a day for a year
- From the comfort of the Corporate World to the unknown of Entrepreneurship.
Educational Talks - Sports
We provide two kinds of educational talks: sports-related and employee-efficiency-related.
Educational sport talks provide all the tools and tricks necessary to perform well at one of the main endurance sports (swimming, biking and running). Based on real-life example from Olivier Baillet and other athletes, the talks are explicative and down-to-Earth and are meant to motivate employees into starting a sport routine.
We also provide educational sport talks that are specifically meant to prepare for a race where a group of employees will compete.
We can also design specific talks on other activities such as yoga and meditation.
If requested or when we deem it appropriate, we may invite external intervenants.
- Running: such a natural activity, but don’t expect nature to fix everything for you: here is what you need to know
- Trailrunner 100k: everything you need to know to succeed
- Open water swimming: introduction to technique and local races
- Clean Half 15k relay swim: everything you need to know to succeed
- Multisport (aquathlon, duathlon, triathlon): you think this is not for you ? then seat back and listen
- Trail running: the new frontier, right at your doorstep
- Introduction to yoga: what it is, why it is for you
- Introduction to meditation: its incredible benefits, how to start a routine
Educational Talks - Employee Efficiency
We believe that while the endurance sports arena is obviously different from the corporate world, there are lessons that can be drawn from athletes and applied elsewhere. Based on Olivier’s ‘dual life’ experience as a top level triathlete and former international banker turned entrepreneur, as well as true stories of professional athletes and other high level achievers, these talks are designed to provide a framework to employees wishing to increase their productivity at work and in life in general.
- How to perform better at work: recipes from endurance sports success
- How to balance Work & Life, be professional in your personal life too
- Nutrition at work: how to maintain stamina all day long, every day
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme.
Analysis of the feedback from Société Générale’s employees on the talk provided to them in June 2015 ‘How to perform better at work: recipes from endurance sports success’
(employees rate 1 to 5, 5 being ‘very satisfying’, a series of 9 questions on the quality of the presentation, the expertise of the trainer, the alignment between the topic and the content of the presentation, the design of the talk in general, etc)
-> 82% of the participants rated the overall experience 4 or 5, ‘satisfying’ and ‘very satisfying’.
-> Société Générale has contracted beyond the line for 6 more talks to be performed before year-end.
Thanks to his rare profile as an international banker and top athletes, Olivier manages to ‘make bridges’ between topics that may seem unrelated at first and create inventive talks with a lot of content unheard of. For example, for the internal Project Management programme of an international bank, Olivier did a specific talk on ‘Project Management in real life: the 80k Swim Around Lantau project’, using his experience as one of the two swimmers and one of the organisers, his past role as a Project Manager and his capacity to prepare and deliver powerful presentations.
Also, all our existing talks can be tweaked to provide the exact angle your Corporate needs most. The talks listed above are only examples and we are happy to hear your specific needs and adjust to them.